Proud to be a "Schnook"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proud to be a "Schnook"

What is the benefit of seeing SNL live? Sporting events I can understand, but SNL? Why did a couple of network TV shows (I think it was Drew Carey and ER, but I might be mistaken) make a big deal out of broadcasting live instead of a taped episode? Why is live theatre oftentimes more interesting than seeing a movie version of the same play? Because it's FUN to see things live and spontaneous. Things can and do go wrong in live theatre, and you just don't have the same magic with a taped and edited broadcast. Another example would be the difference between listening to a CD and hearing the band play live in concert. I prefer the live performances.

Proud to be a "Schnook"

What is the benefit of seeing SNL live? Sporting events I can understand, but SNL? Actually, I haven't seen SNL since Chevy Chase was a regular. He's gone, isn't he? ;-) All sporting events, except Wimbledon, are shown live in the west. In fact, if you're a college football junkie, the "live" broadcasts start on Saturday mornings at 9am and run until about 10pm. What could be better than that? chuck Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer. "Susan Behrens" wrote in message news:212719cc.6@WebX.WawyahGHajS... | There is at least one advantage to being an "Eastern Time Zone Schnook" and that is that shows like Saturday Night Live are ... well ... live. Actually shows like that are live in the Central Time Zone as well.

Comment

Proud to be a "Schnook"

Susan, Yes, I saw that Drew Carey that you mentioned. They did two shows, one for the east and one for the west, just as ER did a couple of years ago. I almost always prefer the studio version of music. The crowd noise in a live performance bothers me. chuck Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer. "Susan Behrens" wrote in message news:212d5f18.0@WebX.WawyahGHajS... | What is the benefit of seeing SNL live? Sporting events I can understand, but SNL? | | Why did a couple of network TV shows (I think it was Drew Carey and ER, but I might be mistaken) make a big deal out of broadcasting live instead of a taped episode? Why is live theatre oftentimes more interesting than seeing a movie version of the same play? Because it's FUN to see things live and spontaneous. Things can and do go wrong in live theatre, and you just don't have the same magic with a taped and edited broadcast. Another example would be the difference between listening to a CD and hearing the band play live in concert. I prefer the live performances.

Comment

Working...
      X