Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Lies, damnable lies, and statistics" to quote a knowledgeable man.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Lies, damnable lies, and statistics" to quote a knowledgeable man.

Scott, Arizona is very good. A good chunk of their players are from Southern California, including one of their star pitchers from Thousand Oaks. The championship game was a real nail biter, and a classic. However, Arizona still has a long ways to go to match the number of NCAA titles UCLA has in softball. Of course, softball is only one sport. UCLA, as a school, has more NCAA championships than any other ENTIRE conference has. chuck Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer. "Scott Mildenberger" wrote in message news:69CECF8F7B3B94FCF6ECDA131CAB2C48@in.WebX.Wawy ahGHajS... > >> That's why SoCal is the mecca of fastpitch softball. > > >>But don't get me started on athletics, I went to UCLA which is, by far, > the number one college in athletics in the >>country. ;-) > > Too bad UCLA only got second in NCAA fastpitch this year, maybe Arizona is > the new mecca! > >

Scott, BTW, take a look at my daughter's softball site at http://diamonds14.homestead.com. I'm the webmaster on this site and, as you can see, it's a pretty simple site that gets the message across. chuck Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer. "Scott Mildenberger" wrote in message news:69CECF8F7B3B94FCF6ECDA131CAB2C48@in.WebX.Wawy ahGHajS... > >> That's why SoCal is the mecca of fastpitch softball. > > >>But don't get me started on athletics, I went to UCLA which is, by far, > the number one college in athletics in the >>country. ;-) > > Too bad UCLA only got second in NCAA fastpitch this year, maybe Arizona is > the new mecca! > >

Comment

Chuck, I actually had looked at the site some time previously when you had mentioned it. It caught my attention because my daughter also plays fastpitch. Although, being in Montana, they don't get to play near as much during the year. But, has your daughter played when it was snowing . Scott

Comment

Scott, I can actually say that my daughter has never played in the snow. We've played in light drizzles, but never snow. Maybe that's why the ASA went to yellow balls, eh? ;-) BTW, I only have two simple requirements for a place to live. They are: 1. no snow (i.e. no cold) 2. no humidity (i.e. no bugs) Other than that, I can live about anywhere! ;-) Snow, is one of those things we visit. From December through about May there is snow in the mountains around here. It's a short 90 minute drive to be in the ski resorts. The best part is leaving at the end of the day (or sooner.) Actually, my kids visit the snow, I haven't been voluntarily in snow in over 20 years. I've managed to get into snow on business travel, but never by choice. I grew up in Cincinnati and Elkhart, IN and have seen enough snow to last me for the rest of my life. chuck Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer. "Scott Mildenberger" wrote in message news:3CFFA8E6147479BF149EA9CCC1A49E72@in.WebX.Wawy ahGHajS... > Chuck, > > I actually had looked at the site some time previously when you had > mentioned it. It caught my attention because my daughter also plays > fastpitch. Although, being in Montana, they don't get to play near as much > during the year. But, has your daughter played when it was snowing . > > Scott > >

Comment

Working...
        X