X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The MC Wizard?

Wasn't it Brian? Ralph

The MC Wizard?

That would be Ted Holt who was Mr. Wizard, and I for one think that he did an outstanding job with it!

Comment

The MC Wizard?

Here here! I second that Shannon!

Comment

The MC Wizard?

Great job, Ted. Those were a lot of work and you pulled it off great. Take a bow, will you? Joe Hertvik mailto:hertvik@home.com

Comment

The MC Wizard?

It's not fair to say that I was the Wizard. I was the overall editor & I put it together, but I did not answer all the questions. Joe Hertvik, Don Denoncourt, Howard Arner, and I can't remember who else answered questions too. But I had a lot of fun doing it, and am now in the process of starting a new email newsletter, since MC is no longer in business. It will be similar to the wizard, but will be called the Midrange Guru. We plan to send out the first issue on Monday, August 13. I hope all of you will subscribe. Try this link. I think it will be better than the wizard was for two reasons: first, I'll have a greater number of people to answer the questions, which means we will be able to provide more variety. Second, I will have some budget money to pay people for answers. So if someone sends me a tip, I can pay them. I am excited about this, because honestly, I was having a ball putting that newsletter together. But to get back to the original question, it would be unfair to say that I was the Wizard.

Comment

The MC Wizard?

Sorry about the name calling Ted :-), but if you weren't the wizard, then one did not exist. Take your bows when they are deserved, like now. Lord knows there's few enough times in this world when you have the chance to do so!

Comment

The MC Wizard?

I have to admit that the Wizard was my absolute favorite method of getting useful tips and information about the AS/400. I'm glad that we'll be seeing more of him in the future. Great Job!!!

Comment

The MC Wizard?

Frankly I would prefer a name like "Midrange Doctor" rather than wizard or guru, since these terms implied someone that knows it all!! Come on, who does? What's up doc?

Comment

The MC Wizard?

Anyone for Prestidigitator? Dave

Comment

The MC Wizard?

Prestigi-whater ??

Comment

The MC Wizard?

Ted Holt is always a man to be admired, even here he gives credit to his fellow gurus. Ted is one of few I know who has a better than working knowledge of OPNQRYF, taking it to levels unknown to most of my colleagues. Wizard Ted? I call him the Query king too.

Comment

The MC Wizard?

Thanks, Ted, and very well done on the Wiz. Now subscribed to the Guru and confident it will instantly become the same required reading as the Wiz was. Dave...

Comment

The MC Wizard?

Alan, if you trouble to look up 'wizard' and 'guru' in a dictionary you will find that neither word implies omniscience. 'Guru' seems entirely apposite to me. Dave...

Comment

The MC Wizard?

Prestigi-whater ??
                            -tator: a South American plant (solanum tuberosum) widely cultivated for its starchy edible tubers. HTH Dave...

Comment

The MC Wizard?

So, in the MC Wizard emails that just started a few weeks ago, who was the MC Wizard? Ted? Shannon? Chris

Comment

Working...
                              X