Is it just me ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it just me ....

Haven't got mine either. Still amazed this site is still up!

Is it just me ....

As yet, I have not received word from IIR that the magazine has folded. The next question is where did the money go? MC received subscription payments for one, two and more year subscriptions from various subscribers throughout the world. This money went into some account somewhere, and it may be presumptive, but it is a safe bet that IIR has control over these accounts. Why isn't IIR notifying subscribers, and refunding the prorated portion of the subscription fee? IMO there is more than meets the eye concerning this closing. Dave

Comment

Is it just me ....

Of News/400 magazine that is!

Comment

Is it just me ....

"Why isn't IIR notifying subscribers, and refunding the prorated portion of the subscription fee? IMO there is more than meets the eye concerning this closing." --------------------------------------------------------- Dave, You are correct. Has anyone heard from IIR? I agree with Dave. They owe most of us some cash. How can we collect?

Comment

Is it just me ....

I have word that the August issue will be mailed out. I assume that means it will be mailed out soon. As for a refund, one reader called 888-670-8200 & was told to send a copy of his invoice to the following address & ask for a refund. Liquidator c/o IIR Publishing Inc. DBA Midrange Computing 50 El Camino Real Suite 225 Carlsbad, Ca, 92008-7128

Comment

Is it just me ....

Sorry, I just saw a mistake in that address. It should be Liquidator c/o IIR Publishing Inc. DBA Midrange Computing 5650 El Camino Real Suite 225 Carlsbad, CA 92008-7128

Comment

Is it just me ....

They owe money to MANY! people now since they closed the doors without any thought to fiscal responsibility. Subscribers, advertisers, authors, book authors, etc.. You assume that everyone will eventually get paid since it wasn't as if it was a bankruptcy. However, there are no guarantees. IIR has its own interests at heart, no one else's.

Comment

Is it just me ....

Looks like it is time for a class action lawsuit.

Comment

Is it just me ....

It's nice to know that there will be one more issue. Perhaps IIR will enclose the appropriate messages along with that issue. With that in mind, I'll give it more time. Dave

Comment

Is it just me ....

You can't get $$ from a company if they are belly up!! They can close their doors & keep the $$ (if they have any left).... How can they give you $$ back if they don't have any?

Comment

Is it just me ....

They are not belly up. The parent company IIR, is alive and kicking. Dave

Comment

Is it just me ....

Ted, is there any further word on this? Dave

Comment

Is it just me ....

Nobody tells me anything.

Comment

Is it just me ....

So seriously should I be concerned that I haven't received the August issues yet?

Comment

Is it just me ....

Ditto what Ted says...although I did hear that the last deal to ressurect the magazine was finally taken off the table by the bidder. So who knows if it'll be offered again or if a new deal might be made. I sure wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X