Feed back wanted on AS/400 Fax/Email software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feed back wanted on AS/400 Fax/Email software

For information on both fax and E-mail click here to see the annual Showcase awards - http://www.midrangecomputing.com/showcase/awards/

My company is currently researching the purchase of a software package to facilitate faxing and emailing from the AS/400 and an NT network. We are have been looking into the follwing products: Quadrant Fast Fax Biscom/ESD FaxCom Cornerstone Unifier FaxStar Computer Keyes Kisco BlueFax If anyone has any feedback on these packages or any others, please send a message. Your comments will be appreciated.

Comment

We've used KeyesFax from Computer Keyes and FastFax LAN from Quadrant. Both have been pretty reliable. KeyesFax is the least expensive solution I know of, but part of the tradeoff is costs on your 400: the faxes are created there (CPU/DASD usage), and you need a comm line for each fax line (I/O cards, thick cables, purchase modems). Also, the last I knew, it was limited to 24 lines. But it is very customizable; you get the source for almost all the CL and RPG that runs it. With FastFax, most of the processing (including conversion of outbound & incoming faxes) occurs on LAN-attached PCs running NT. The PCs also contain the fax card(s); you purchase both hardware & software from Quadrant. For customizability, they supply some CL-based APIs to their processes, but you'll need to ask them for any special programming needs. (For example, we needed to have a way of automatically purging failed faxes, rather than have each user manage their outbound faxes and assign someone to manually purge system-sent faxes.)

Comment

Working...
      X