Another job's QTEMP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another job's QTEMP

What I would like to know if I can send a message to another jobs msgq if it is in qtemp. I have a group job problem if one job changes I want all the group jobs to change. I am using a break msgq solution to execute a command. I need to have a way to execute a command (possibly) when a TRFGRPJOB is executed. Any Ideas???

Comment

Another job's QTEMP

I have a group job problem if one job changes I want all the group jobs to change. Normally a display file program that's suspended in a secondary group job doesn't receive control when its job receives control by TFRGRPJOB, but waits until after the user presses a function key on the display file. Then of course the program can test a position in the *GDA or something like that to determine if a TFRGRPJOB occured while the display file slept. Here's the method I use to make my suspended programs in secondary group jobs 'wake up' the moment the TFRGRPJOB occurs:
      • When the program in the secondary group job begins, create a data queue in QTEMP library, and set the attention key program.
      • The attention key program contains a call TFRGRPJOB, among other things.
      • The secondary group job program uses display file screens that include the INVITE keyword.
      • The secondary group job program links the QTEMP data queue to the display file using OVRDSPF DTAQ, and then opens the display file.
      • The secondary group job program calls QRCVDTAQ API (not WRITE/READ) when it wants to display a screen and wait for input.
      • If the user presses a function key while the secondary group job program is waiting on QRCVDTAQ API, then the data queue entry will contain *DSPF.
      • The secondary group job program wakes up from QRCVDTAQ API, finds *DSPF on the data queue, and READs the display file.
      • But if the user presses the attention key to execute the TFRGRPJOB, then eventually the attention key program regains control at the statement following TFRGRPJOB. This statement sends a custom entry to the QTEMP data queue, and then ends the attention key program.
      • The secondary group job program immediately wakes up from QRCVDTAQ API, finds a custom entry on the data queue, and changes itself.[/list]

Comment

Working...
      X