WRKACTJOB - Status Codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WRKACTJOB - Status Codes

Does anybody know where the complete list of status codes and their meanings used on the Work With Active Jobs screen resides? We just set up a 270 "iSeries" and I have users that want to know eeeevery little detail. It's not a bad thing - I am learning a lot of the "little details" too. Thanks in advance for your information.

WRKACTJOB - Status Codes

Put your cursor in the Status column and then press F1. The online help lists all status codes and their meanings. If you want to print the list, press F2 then F14.

Comment

WRKACTJOB - Status Codes

You can position your cursor in the STATUS column and then press F1 key. HTH Phil

Comment

WRKACTJOB - Status Codes

We just set up a 270 "iSeries" and I have users that want to know eeeevery little detail. Are these end-users, or IT staffers? I would recommend you restrict access to this command to only the upper security levels. WRKACTJOB has functions which allow a user to end someone else job, or even a subsystem. This is NOT something you want everyone to be able to do. Just my $.02. Michael

Comment

WRKACTJOB - Status Codes

Deb, Michael makes a good point. Restrict your users to only what they need to accomplish their job. It keeps the finger pointing down in the long run. If someone wants access to the WRKACTJOB and they end up getting their way, I would secure the command CHGJOB and CHGSPLFA to your IS staff only. This will allow the users to use these commands to view, but not change priorities of the job or spoolfile and keep them from using option 4 to kill a subsystem or such. There are many other commands that I would restrict by Group Profile as well, but I am sure that you will see which ones when you get to looking around. I did get in a quandry over the CHGSPLFA once. Seems a user would submit jobs to the queue before they left that evening and the night person would print them out. They could not do so, since I secured the CHGSPLFA command. -bret

Comment

WRKACTJOB - Status Codes

Hello Deb, Michael and Bret has already given you enough good reasons to restrict the use of the WRKACTJOB command - but I think that you also should notice that it is a very resource intensive function; it eats up a lot of CPU-cycles every time it is executed. Having 4 users running the command at the same time to investigate current performance problems would seriously contribute to make things even worse. Best regards, Carsten Flensburg

Comment

WRKACTJOB - Status Codes

If WRKACTJOB is restricted, you should also restrict WRKSBSJOB. The same functionality can be found here too. Dave

Comment

WRKACTJOB - Status Codes

Thanks for the input! Much appreciated!

Comment

Working...
                X