*DRX ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *DRX ????

This new system that I'm working on, really has a lot of things that I've never seen before and no one here knows anything about it so I'm struggling... I went to delete 2 user profiles which haven't been changed since 1994. One was called PROBLEMS and one was called TEST. They only owned MSGQ s so I deleted them. Now in QSYSOPR, I get this message that I have do not know what it means. I don't even have a clue as to where to look to find out what it means. HELP TIA - Cheri "Internal distribution recipient index (*DRX) is being built again for user ID and address TEST S1017116."

*DRX ????

Cheri, Check your directory listings with WRKDIRE *ALL. I am not sure, but I bet these were set up to notify someone in the event specific messages were encountered. If this is true, you may want to first scan the CL and possibly RPG source for the user profiles in question. They may blow chunks if the encounter the CPF/CPD whatever message and can't find a user or directory entry to SNDMSG to. -bret

Comment

*DRX ????

Bret - Thanks again for your help. I did the scans on every library and found nothing which is why I felt sure I could delete them. TEST was in the directory which I deleted before I deleted the userprofile, but PROBLEMS wasn't. Well, I guess I see what happens. But where can I read up on this...I don't understand what *DRX is. Cheri

Comment

*DRX ????

Cheri, I went to the IBM books and looked for DRX in the security manual (basic) and the security reference. Also looked at the DDM and a couple of others. I could find no hits on DRX at all. I don't know what this stands for. Next! -bret

Comment

*DRX ????

Cheri, Is this message CPI9080? If yes, have you read all of the help text for it? If not, here is a pertinent part of the text:
           To bypass loading the *DRX for the user, you can end the job (ENDJOB) that is doing the build and then start the job again. If the job is running in the QSNADS subsystem, you will need to end the subsystem (ENDSBS) and then start the subsystem (STRSBS) again. If the job is ended, the distributions will not be loaded into the index again until an abnormal IPL occurs. 
          Take a look at all of it to see if it helps you out further. (DSPMSGD RANGE(Cpi9080 *ONLY) ). It seems as if the profile is damaged, you might want to run a RclStg some time as well. Bill

Comment

*DRX ????

Bret, It's right there in the message! DRX = Distribution Recipient Index. Bill

Comment

*DRX ????

... and RCLDLO as well.

Comment

*DRX ????

Cheri, Have you looked at the scheduled jobs (via WRKJOBSCDE)? You can also note the dates and times when this message appears. What about program joblogs and dumps? Try to work backwards to locate the job names, job queues, library lists, etc.

Comment

*DRX ????

I've found it to be a harmless message, as far as I know. It's just an informational message, I think, and I've never seen any problems associated with it. We see it at times when messing about with system directory entries. I don't think you need to worry about it. It might simply be due to an old user profile that was created under a different OS/400 release, and there's some cleanup being performed when it's deleted.... My 2 cents. By the way, if you're deleting a profile that owns DLOs or IFS files, and you're changing their ownership to a new owner but don't have enough authority to change them, you'll get an error message saying you'll need to do RCLSTG/RCLDLO, when in fact that's not true at all. I bugged IBM about this, and they finally said it'll be fixed "in a future release".

Comment

*DRX ????

Bill, That's just what we need. Not just a TLA, but a TLA that does not follow SOP! Just FYI, TLAs and FLAs should follow specfic rules of indication. Always use the first letter of the word. DRI s/b the TLA, IMHO. -bret SGT, USAR, ARNG

Comment

*DRX ????

Thank you... these two profiles that I deleted were from years ago and since I have deleted them, I've had no problems. Cheri

Comment

Working...
                      X