X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REBOL

Have any of you stumbled across REBOL? www.rebol.com Check it out... bobh

REBOL

I stumbled upon it early in the year. We looked into it, to see if it was something we should cover in Midrange Computing, but it wasn't available for AS/400 at the time, so we didn't. I have it on my to-do list to check into it again, but I've had higher priorities. Are you using it, Bob?

Comment

REBOL

I'm just starting with it; I gather the REBOL/400 is in development and is far down the list of things REBOL wants to do. Not much market. It is available for SOLARIS, H_P and Dec-Alpha as well as UNIX/LINUX It is extremely interesting; I am trying to work it into a project at UTD but the button clickers are highly resistent to anything so grossly universal. the script runs the same on LINUX as on PC-Windoze. It tends to be somewhat cryptic; not as much so as RPG, CLP but it has some slick features and i'm sure I'll run into some weirdness. Stay tuned... bobh

Comment

REBOL

Well, I finally got the the server/client stuff on rebol. The FTP client is pretty slick. REBOL is also working on OLE for M$ things like EXCEL et al. which will put it in direct competition with OBJREXX. The big problems include lack of a decent PARSE instruction, although a lot of things I use PARSE to untangle in REXX is done under the covers in REBOL. Don't touch that dial... bobh

Comment

REBOL

Thanks for the update, Bob. Keep us posted.

Comment

Working...
          X