Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I may sound like a broken record but.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rica, Please pardon me if my suggestion sounds stupid. It seems like your printer suffers from overheating. Until a more desirable solution is found, perhaps you could open a side panel of the printer and get an electric fan to blow some cool air inside. Ok... get up and stop laughing now... I am serious! I have done this before with one of our older-model line printers whose internal fans broke down and could no longer be replaced. Believe me it works!

Comment

isn't the problem with the labels being printed ok and then slowly losing the line up....? it would happen regardless of pre cut labels or not... check the code.....

Comment

I do not believe it has anything to do with any code. Rica mentioned that at first, the misalignment occurs after printing several hundred pages (enough time to generate a lot of internal heat). Then they stop for an hour and restart, but this time, the misalignment shows up after only a few pages. This cannot be caused by the code problem. OTOH, this could be explained by mechanical expansion of printer parts (probably a belt somewhere) due to excess heat. Without additional ventilation and/or cooling, the printer probably needs more than an hour to cool down sufficently to print in correct alignment again.

Comment

You know Ricardo, I think you're right. I always tell the users to let the printer rest for an hour or more, then afterwards it would print with the correct alignment again. But, I think I will try your suggestion 'coz I cannot always tell them to rest the laser printer esp. if there are lots of labels to be printed ASAP. However, if the problem is the code, how do I know where to look? I know it sounds stupid but since it's really a simple code... using the DDS keyword BARCODE and nothing else. We're also looking into the label specification we are currently using cause the HP Supplier suggested that we evaluate it with reference to HP's Label Specs. Thanks for all your help! It is always appreciated rica

Comment

We are using IBM lasers configured as IPDS. Every so often we have what appears to be a heat related problem. It seems to occur on very long print jobs regardless of the type of data being sent. Our operator also said that lowering the density seemed to help some. I don't know if this is possible on the HP or not, but....... Keeping the side panels open is a good idea except for the interlock problems. I would suggest lowering the temp in the computer room, but then you would have to hire an Eskimo as an operator. Bill

Comment

I can see you are having many IPDS problems. My solution is to completely eliminate AFP IPDS printing. Using overlays, flash memory and bar code Simms I can print anything IPDS can print with much less band width by immbedding hex strings in COBOL or RPG programs. This applies to local or remote network printers.

Comment

I use the Lexmark Optra S and T series printers with the IPDS simm installed. I can print overlays, duplex....just about anything, quickly and cleanly....Highly recommend these printers...

Comment

Working...
                X