laser labels on HP 4050

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• laser labels on HP 4050

Hi folks, I am trying to print labels to a laser printer (HP4050). The label sheets I am using are 3 across, 10 down, measuring 1" by 2 5/8". My problem is this: there is a header (and footer) of about 1/2 inch of blank, non-label paper on each page. My labels start printing immediately at the top of the page, which naturally throws everything off. Is there a way to force the printer to print slightly further down on the page, maybe through workstation customization or...? I am approaching desperate on this project! I am pretty much a newbie and any help anyone can provide would be more appreciated than you can imagine!! thank you, Cliff

laser labels on HP 4050

Dowload the data to either Access or Crystal; it's easy. bobh

Comment

laser labels on HP 4050

These are really weird labels you have there. Normally, you would print each label as a page, but in your case you must fill the page of labels as a single page before advancing to the next page. This should take care of your spacing problem. To implement, store the data for each label as an array element. When you reach the number of labels on the page, move the data from the array to the print area. Print the page, skipping the requisite number of lines to account for the header and footer area. Dave

Comment

laser labels on HP 4050

Thanks for responding guys; I appreciate it. My number one problem now is that these labels must be printed and managed by folks (nursing staff) who are non-technical. I must apply Occam's Razor to the situation, somehow. Cliff

Comment

laser labels on HP 4050

Add some lines to the top of each page of the spool file? How are these being created, just as a normal AS400 spool file via RPG, or AFP/IPDS/PSF, or ????

Comment

Working...
          X