LAN Printer ends with CPD337C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAN Printer ends with CPD337C

I have multiple HP Laser Printers shared between the LAN, AS/400 and HP 9000. One printer in particular ends with a CPD337c, error code 3426. The text say this happens when the printer is turned off and on, this is not happening. I have moved the printer to aother location and it still happens. I have replaced the printer and it still happens. Running V4R4. Any Ideas?

Perform the WRKDEVD command and compare this printer to the AS/400 configuration of the other printers. There may be some minor differences, that may lead to this condition. Dave

Comment

What did you do to resolve this? It seems we're getting this often on several printers, as well as problems , in general, with out TCP/IP shared AS/400/Network printers.

Comment

I would like to know if you have come up with a solution to your printer problem. I am having the same problem with a HP6L. It is defined on the AS400 with a *IP address. It was working at one point untill the JETDIRECT 300X was taken off the network. When it was put back on the print job fails with the CPD337C error.

Comment

Check the various timeouts associated with the printer and the LAN card. We've had writers end because the timeouts were too low. Increasing the timeouts (or setting them to the equivalent of "never" if possible) got rid of our problems. The printer timeouts should be configurable from its panel, and you should be able to telnet into the printer's LAN card or the JetDirect and review/change its settings.

Comment

Working...
          X