X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C.Hird
    replied
    FTP default IFS location

Hi If you need to restrict a user to a particular directory you will need to implement a security checking product such as FTP Security Manager or develop your own exit programs which will sit on the QIBM_QTMF_SERVER_REQ. This Exit point is called for every request to the server such as puts, gets, CD, ls, etc etc etc... There are plenty of examples around on how to develop a security checking program to work with. Chris...

Leave a comment:

• dchristie
    replied
    FTP default IFS location

Does anyone know how to set an FTP session for a user to default to a directory on the AS400 when they FTP to it? I would like the user to be in a directory (WRKLINK, directory /here for example) instead of doing the CD /here command when they FTP to our site. Also it seems I cannot specify anything for the CURLIB except *CRTDFT, any other value specified will not allow me to go to /here, it looks for a valid library name instead. To sum up, I want the user to logon using FTP, and be in the only directory that he is authorized to (i.e. /here). Exit programs will prevent from going elsewhere (I hope!) Also, I'm testing FTPTOOL Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Guest.Visitor
    Guest replied
    FTP default IFS location

You could just change the CURLIB parameter on the users profile to the library which you want him to work in. Regards, Stewart Edge

Leave a comment:

• dchristie
    replied
    FTP default IFS location

Scott Thanks for your reply... I just found out here, 2nd question that I should also do a CHGFTPA AUTOSTART(*YES) NAMEFMT(*PATH) CURDIR(*HOMEDIR). I'll give it a try tomorrow. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• S.Mildenberger
    Guest started a topic FTP default IFS location

FTP default IFS location

I'm not positive but I believe it is set from the 'Home Directory' in their user profile. Scott Mildenberger
Working...
X