Price on 9406 B30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price on 9406 B30

We have a system AS/400 9406 model B30 that we are thinking about selling. The boss has ask me to find out about how much is it worth? Any ideas as to how much this system is worth? Any comments/ideas/suggestions are welcome.

Price on 9406 B30

Since "B" models can't use a release beyond V2R3, IBM will not certify that the OS used is Y2K compliant. Consequently, and age related reasons aside, your system will not fetch - IMO - more than a couple of hundred dollars. You may be able to see more gain from the machine as a charitable contribution. Dave

Comment

Price on 9406 B30

Actually, I would be suprised if he could get anything for it. We had an expansion cabinet from an F45 with DASD, a tape drive and disketter drive and couldn't get anyone to pick it up for scrap, free. Wound up dismanteling it and tossing it in the dumpster. Problem is with an older box like these you can't get an OS that's Y2K compliant, and even if you could, the licensing fees are outrageous. Would you go out and buy a copy of windows 2000 for your 386? Regards, Jim Langston

Comment

Price on 9406 B30

Tell your boss that you will take it off their hands for $1000. Take it home, put it in your basement and have your own personal AS/400, sonething that we all want/need. Or just use it as: 1) Doorstop 2) Boat anchor 3) Make clocks out of the cards inside 4) Make a mini stereo rack, for the basement 5) Take it apart and see how it works or doesn't work etc.... Sorry for the "humor", I couldn't resist.

Comment

Price on 9406 B30

Best of luck...I just took a bath on a perfectly serviceable F35, even taking the 2 X tradein IBM offered towards a Domino box. Not much market out there for it.

Comment

Price on 9406 B30

When I said that you would take it off his hands for $1000, I meant that he should pay you the $1000.

Comment

Price on 9406 B30

Have you guys considered donating them to your local community college or public school district? I've heard that there are still some people around who are learning RPG on a S/34! Your generosity could make it possible for them to learn RLU!!! MichaelD

Comment

Price on 9406 B30

I've got an extra B35 - how about opening an AS/400 museum?

Comment

Working...
                X