Query and Remote Output Queue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query and Remote Output Queue

I am using Query for AS/400. I am trying to automatically print query result to a remote printer queue named P300. Query will not allow me to specify the printer queue. I have to specify a printer device. Since I am using a remote printer queue I do not have a printer device. How can I set up my query to automatically go to my remote print queue? Thanks, Mark

Hello Mark, The only way I've found to accomplish this is to create a virtual printer device by the name of the remote output queue:
     Create Device Desc (Printer) (CRTDEVPRT) Type choices, press Enter. Device description . . . . . . . rmtq Name Device class . . . . . . . . . . > *VRT *LCL, *RMT, *VRT, *SNPT, *LAN Device type . . . . . . . . . . > 3812 3287, 3812, 4019, 4201... Device model . . . . . . . . . . > 1 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 10, 13, 301... 
    This will give you a device to point your query definition to... Best regards, Carsten Flensburg

Comment

Mark, You cannot specify the output queue inside QUERY, but there are work-arounds. If you are running your query interactively, leave the default printer setting to *PRINT and set your job's default output queue to the desired remote output queue P300 via command CHGJOB OUTQ(P300). If you want to automate this, you have to encapsulate the query inside a CL with the CHGJOB command.

Comment

Working...
      X