Security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security

I have been looking into PC security. But it seems to me that I'm lost on this issue. What I'm trying to accomplish is the following: I would like to have my PC so that when turn on or reboot it will ask for a password. So far I have not been able to find any thing on this. Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciatted. Thank you. PS. Does any one knows if there is a DOS users group? m..rivera@worldnet.att.net

Security

PC Password See the setup menu of your PC To make an error is human, but for a total mess you need a computer Matti Kujala Ahlstrom Kauttua ltd. Finland

Comment

Security

Matti, thanks for your response. Am I correct to assumed that you are talking about the PCs SETUP? I have seen some stuff about security on the SETUP menu. But, this only secures the pc from having someone going into the PC parameters. It does not prevents someone from getting into DOS. Which is basically what I want. Prevent people from accesing my pc (operating system). Manuel Rivera m..rivera@worldnet.att.net On Wednesday, January 22, 1997, 03:28 AM, Matti Kujala wrote: PC Password See the setup menu of your PC To make an error is human, but for a total mess you need a computer Matti Kujala Ahlstrom Kauttua ltd. Finland

Comment

Security

Marti, thank you for your response. I have look into the SETUP menus bu this is not what I want. Because the security on this menu only prevents someone from accesing the setup parameters for the PC. What I want is to prevent my pc (operating system) from been access by anyone. Thanks again. Manuel Rivera m..rivera@worldnet.att.net On Wednesday, January 22, 1997, 11:09 AM, Martin Pluth wrote: Most BIOSs on PCs have a password option. You'll usually see a message while booting telling you how to get into the configuration menu. Keep in mind that if someone has physical access (can open the case) of the system, it's usually easy to circumvent any password or remove the hard disk. There are security packages on the market (I don't know specifics) that will let you encrypt the data on your system. On Tuesday, January 21, 1997, 02:34 PM, manuel rivera wrote: I have been looking into PC security. But it seems to me that I'm lost on this issue. What I'm trying to accomplish is the following: I would like to have my PC so that when turn on or reboot it will ask for a password. So far I have not been able to find any thing on this. Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciatted. Thank you. PS. Does any one knows if there is a DOS users group? m..rivera@worldnet.att.net

Comment

Working...
        X