Remote Connection to AS/400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote Connection to AS/400

I need to conect to the AS/400 using a remote PC. My question is what do I need on the AS/400 side and on the PC side in order for me to accomplish this? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advanced.

Phillip, I'm not quite familiar with all the options you mention. We have the following: an AS/400 9406 Model B30. This system has an IBM 5853 modem connected. On the PC I have 4 different types of communication software. Now the question is, do I have to create, configure or buy anything for the AS/400? What about the PC do I need to buy any special software or can I just go ahead and use any type of communication software? On Wednesday, December 18, 1996, 07:00 AM, Phillip Knox wrote: On Tuesday, December 17, 1996, 09:29 AM, manuel rivera wrote: I need to conect to the AS/400 using a remote PC. My question is what do I need on the AS/400 side and on the PC side in order for me to accomplish this? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advanced. Manuel, Several different methods are available. 1. A configured 5394 remote controller on the AS/400, a synchronous modem attached to a comm line on the AS/400 and Micro Integration's 5250 Remote connectivity software and an AUTOSYNC(tm) modem attached to your pc. 2. An ASCII controller attached to your AS/400 and a software product like PCI's 3164 comm software to allow you to connect directly to the ASCII controller. Each line on the ASCII controller must have an asynchronous modem attached. You only need an asynchronous modem attached to your PC as well. 3. RCW(tm) from BPS, Inc. Requires a PC attached to the AS/400 w/local 5250 emulation running under DOS, an asynchronous modem attached to the local PC. Your remote PC will require the RCW remote portion of the software, and an asynchronous modem attached as well. That's only a few examples I know of. Hope this helps. Any clarification necessary, email me at pdkassoc@brightok.net. Phil Knox .

Comment

Phil thanks for all your help. I'll give them a call. Thanks again. On Thursday, December 19, 1996, 12:48 PM, Phillip Knox wrote: On Wednesday, December 18, 1996, 09:43 AM, manuel rivera wrote: Phillip, I'm not quite familiar with all the options you mention. We have the following: an AS/400 9406 Model B30. This system has an IBM 5853 modem connected. On the PC I have 4 different types of communication software. Now the question is, do I have to create, configure or buy anything for the AS/400? What about the PC do I need to buy any special software or can I just go ahead and use any type of communication software? Manuel, Configure a line, controller & workstations on the 400 to act like a 5394 remote controller. Purchase an AUTOSYNC(tm) compatible modem and 5250 remote software from Micro Integration, Inc. MI's number is 1-800-832-4526. This should work for you nicely, it's just like being there. Phil Knox

Comment

Working...
      X