make the AS/400 as F: drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• make the AS/400 as F: drive

On Friday, April 03, 1998, 09:05 PM, ravi medikonda wrote: We have an AS/400 on a LAN. How can I make the AS/400 as a Network Drive, say F: ?? TIA Ravi ravim@iname.com
    You should try to list more information like what the pc is running and how you get to the 400. I am assuming windows 95 and some version of client access--to see the 400 as a network drive, start the router. Then open Windows Explorer, click on Tools, click on Map Network Drive, fill in the box with an unassigned drive - generally I:, and you should be able to pick the AS/400 as the path if the router started. Do not check the "Reconnect at Login box". In my case Windows 95 would try to reconnect before the router was started. I hope this is what you were looking for...try to be more specific. bgcolor="#FF9FFF">
    HREF="mailto:barbara.brooker@seaquistclosures.com">Barb Brooker

make the AS/400 as F: drive

It should be stated that if you are not using a router, using the reconnect at logon box will cause no problems, and save you time mapping the drive again. src="http://prairie.lakes.com/~bvstone/gifs/as400sig.gif" BORDER=0 HEIGHT=131 WIDTH=85>

Comment

Working...
    X