Shut down Windows 98/Client Access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shut down Windows 98/Client Access

I have disabled my quick Shut down, and I have the latest Service Pack installed. BUT my PC still doesn't shut down after using Client Access. Any more suggestions? Thanks, Doreen

If you are running Win98, have you done the Windows Update option? I believe that MS has distributed at least 1, if not 2, supplements to "enhance" the Shutdown sequence. Bill

Comment

Yes, just did the lastest update on Sunday.

Comment

Michael, Have you been here: http://www.microsoft.com/products/ha..._2/default.htm Bill

Comment

It sounds like an old MS Powerpoint file. They usually have extentions of .PPR Dave

Comment

yes, i was there, d-loaded the drivers, and installed them. when i go into control panel/mouse/wheel, the 'wheel options' are grayed out. for some reason the system does not think my mouse has wheels.

Comment

I thought so also, so I tried opening the file with PP before I submited my question. I also renamed a copy of the file to a .ppt extension just for kicks, .... no luck.

Comment

Did you remove the mouse from the device list in the System applet in Control Panel? Then have it redetect and maybe do a better job of identifying your mouse. Bill

Comment

I wonder if this is a Corel Presentation file? Bill

Comment

well now... that may be. i d-loaded the file from IBM. isn't/wasn't corell a part of lotus? does corell offer a free viewer?

Comment

yes i did that last week. under: control panel/system/device manager/mouse it does report a microsoft PS/2 mouse with wheel.

Comment

And did you update the driver specifying the location of the downloaded drivers? If so, I'm out of ideas. Bill

Comment

well i asked windows to try and find the drivers, but it could not. perhaps i should de-install all the intellipoint stuff, along with the device manager listing and try again. i dunno...

Comment

Sometimes, if you view the file in a text viewer. the application appears in the first few bytes. Try bringing it into Wordpad. Dave

Comment

Thanks Dave! the word "FREELANCE" was in the first few positions of the file. I searched the web (altavista), but found a bunch of freelance services instead. I went back to IBM's sight (where I originally got the file) and searched for FREELANCE. seems this is a lotus application called "Lotus Freelance Presentation" It looks like a browser/java method of viewing slide presentations. I d-loaded the netscape plugin from Lotus, and all is well. Thanks Again ....

Comment

Working...
                              X