No announcement yet.

Statement '// FILEIB NAME-X' to native.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Statement '// FILEIB NAME-X' to native.

I am in the process of migrating to native from the S/36E. We have two sets of files libraries. Let us say in this case files library "X" and files library "Y". The default files library is set up as QS36F. QS36F has no objects and is used only as a safety net. FILELIB X and Y are only accessed by users from a menu in which will point to the correct files library X or Y. By using the ADDLIBLE AND RMVLIBLE, I know it will point the programs to the correct files library. But, if a user cancels a job, the files library will still remain on the users library list. However this is not the same as with "// FILELIB NAME-X" because when the procedure ends normally or abnormally that library is automatically removed from the library list and the default "QS36F is added back. Does anyone know of a solution which would yield the same result in native as the // FILELIB statement has in the S/36E?

On Sunday, May 10, 1998, 08:01 AM, Chris Bennett wrote: I am in the process of migrating to native from the S/36E. We have two sets of files libraries. Let us say in this case files library "X" and files library "Y". The default files library is set up as QS36F. QS36F has no objects and is used only as a safety net. FILELIB X and Y are only accessed by users from a menu in which will point to the correct files library X or Y. By using the ADDLIBLE AND RMVLIBLE, I know it will point the programs to the correct files library. But, if a user cancels a job, the files library will still remain on the users library list. However this is not the same as with "// FILELIB NAME-X" because when the procedure ends normally or abnormally that library is automatically removed from the library list and the default "QS36F is added back. Does anyone know of a solution which would yield the same result in native as the // FILELIB statement has in the S/36E? This may not help, but perhaps it may offer an explanation: OCL in S36E - mode operates as if you actually had an S/36. That is to say, there is no such thing as placing a file within a library. Library QS36F acts as the file operating environment within S/36 E-mode. In fact, it is bloody difficult to access data outside QS36F if you are dealing only with OCL. Adding a native OVDBF statement to the OCL will work, but without the OVRDBF, a // FILE statement will ALWAYS point to QS36F. As part of your conversion, you may want to tackle OCL first, and the programs second! David Abramowitz

Comment

Better watch out that book teaches "the evil cycle" I am sure. In the world of the clueless, he with half a clue is King. Karl Lauritzen Second VP Project Development National Lloyds Ins

Comment

Working...
      X