9402 Y10 Sign on bypass?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9402 Y10 Sign on bypass?

On Thursday, May 14, 1998, 07:57 AM, James G. Allen wrote: Hi, Does anyone know the work around for signing on a 9402 Y10 as a master security officer? One of our clients managed to trash the master officers profile in their security file and now we are unable to be anything other than a system operator. Any help greatly appreciated.

Could you be more specific? Has your client modified the user profile QSECOFR? Password? I am not sure what "trashed" means? What version OS/400? What is the system value for QSECRUITY? Thanks .....

9402 Y10 Sign on bypass?

In the words of Emily Latilla "Nevermind", I just realized I was in the System 36 Zone. It just goes to show you: "Its always something" ......

Comment

9402 Y10 Sign on bypass?

Look in the operators manual. I believe the QSECOFR password can be reset with a manual IPL, under Service Tools. If you're not familiar with Service Tools, call a CE.Regards. Jack McGuigan - MIS Manager - American Life Ins. Co.

Comment

9402 Y10 Sign on bypass?

On Thursday, May 14, 1998, 07:57 AM, James G. Allen wrote: Hi, Does anyone know the work around for signing on a 9402 Y10 as a master security officer? One of our clients managed to trash the master officers profile in their security file and now we are unable to be anything other than a system operator. Any help greatly appreciated. Jim If I remember correctly the 9402-Y10 is a prure S/36 and it runs SSP only. That means it does not run any version of OS/400. From my recolection there is a backup Master security officer password when SSP is first installed in case the problem you mention arises.

Comment

Working...
        X