Automating S36 Shutdown from OS400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automating S36 Shutdown from OS400

On Tuesday, January 26, 1999, 12:24 PM, Lane Leach wrote: I'm trying to automate the STOP SYSTEM and POWER OFF machine 36 commands to accomodate an unattended backup on the AS/400 (V3R7) side of the system. I have been unable to do this programatically thus far, as the STRM36PRC command is only allowed to run interactively. Does anyone know if this is even possible? My desire is, at a predetermined time, to programatically in batch shutdown the SSP machine 36, run my daily, weekly, or monthly backups, and perform the STRM36 command. If it is not possible, is there any functionality in SSP similar to the OS/400 Job Scheduler which would allow for unattended shutdown of SSP from SSP? I don't really want to run the ENDM36 command from OS/400 as all the books indicate unpredictible results may occur. I have searched the Multiple OS Operator Guide and the OS/400 & SSP co-existence redbook and have yet to find this information. Many thanks in advance for any information/insight you can provide. I don't know for sure about this But... Write a OCL on the S/36 to shut-down // POWER OFF This won't work if 1. Any error messages need to be responded to 2. Any print jobs are waiting and not on Hold 3. Any other jobs are running 4. Any Terminals are still signed on (Not Sure) Write a batch job on the AS/400 to look for the S/36 Subsystem running If it's not, run your back-up then issued STRM36 cmd. I think this should work..
Working...
X