S36 Parms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S36 Parms?

It's been a few years since I've had to work with S36 code and I have recently been assigned a task to review some. I have a S36 procedure which has one line of code as follows: ?2? ?3?,?4?,?5?...... This procedure is called frm a sbmjob with one parm parameter. I assume that ?2? is the passed parm since that is the job that gets passed from the sbmjob parm. What however or the others, i.e. ?3?,?4?,etc. And why is there not a comma between ?2? and ?3?. I modified the sbmjob parm to include more than one job in the parms paramater section, but still only the one job executed. Can anyone explain what this code convention is or point me to a place where I can read about it? TIA

S36 Parms?

On Thursday, March 04, 1999, 09:10 AM, Jim Johnson wrote: It's been a few years since I've had to work with S36 code and I have recently been assigned a task to review some. I have a S36 procedure which has one line of code as follows: ?2? ?3?,?4?,?5?...... This procedure is called frm a sbmjob with one parm parameter. I assume that ?2? is the passed parm since that is the job that gets passed from the sbmjob parm. What however or the others, i.e. ?3?,?4?,etc. And why is there not a comma between ?2? and ?3?. I modified the sbmjob parm to include more than one job in the parms paramater section, but still only the one job executed. Can anyone explain what this code convention is or point me to a place where I can read about it? TIA
    Add one more line of code to the procedure as follows:// * '?1?,?2?,?3?,?4?,...'This will display what the parameters represent. David Abramowitz

Comment

Working...
    X