FTP and packed fields

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTP and packed fields

I have read in the IBM TCP/IP reference manual and in some other books that packed fields are not supported using FTP on the AS/400. However, in some of our initial FTP tests with our clients who have mainframes, packed fields came and went across just fine. What gives? We are on V3R2. Thanks-

FTP and packed fields

On Thursday, July 16, 1998, 03:06 PM, Jim Michie wrote: I have read in the IBM TCP/IP reference manual and in some other books that packed fields are not supported using FTP on the AS/400. However, in some of our initial FTP tests with our clients who have mainframes, packed fields came and went across just fine. What gives? We are on V3R2. Thanks-
    To FTP a bit is a bit is a bit.... Bob Hamilton TEXAS BUSINESS SYSTEMS 736 Pinehurst Richardson, Texas 75080

Comment

FTP and packed fields

Jim, I think your lack of a problem with transferring packed fields via FTP is because both source and target machines are EBDIC. Different case when trying to translate to/from ASCII.Regards. Jack McGuigan - MIS Manager - American Life Ins. Co.

Comment

Working...
      X