Error 500 ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error 500 ????

I'm trying to get my first RPG CGI program going. I've been able to display the initial HTML page, but when I try to call the program via the Submit button, the browser displays Error 500 "This server is not configured to handle POST". I have POST enabled in my HTTP configuration, and I think I have my Exec statement written OK (/cgi-bin/* /QSYS.LIB/MYLIB.LIB/* --> MYLIB is the library where the RPG program resides). Am I missing something? Help!

Error 500 ????

On Thursday, July 30, 1998, 08:34 AM, Jim Michie wrote: I'm trying to get my first RPG CGI program going. I've been able to display the initial HTML page, but when I try to call the program via the Submit button, the browser displays Error 500 "This server is not configured to handle POST". I have POST enabled in my HTTP configuration, and I think I have my Exec statement written OK (/cgi-bin/* /QSYS.LIB/MYLIB.LIB/* --> MYLIB is the library where the RPG program resides). Am I missing something? Help! JimYou don't say what web server you are using. We use the I/Net server on V3R7. On the Inet server it is not enough to just say that the server can be accessed with the Post, you must also indicate that a directory can be accessed with post. If you create a virtual directory and do not indicate POST in the directories limits field, you get the 500 error. JHicks@SUZ.com

Comment

Error 500 ????

Sorry - We're using the HTTP server that's part of OS/400, V3R2.

Comment

Error 500 ????

This might help, I have the exec in capital as well as lowercase, like this:/cgi-bin/* /QSYS.LIB/CGIBIN.LIB/*/CGI-BIN/* /QSYS.LIB/CGIBIN.LIB/* Try it, let me know. There's never time to do it right, but.....there's always time to do it over.

Comment

Error 500 ????

Thanks, but I already have my Exec statements in upper and lower case, and still have the same problem. I've got to believe it's the HTTP configuration - I don't think it even gets as far as calling the CGI program. Here are the statements that I have, in this order: Enable GET Enable POST Enable HEAD Pass /* /htmlsrc/* --->(The initial HTML page is in the IFS) Map /CGI-BIN/* /QSYS.LIB/MYLIB.LIB/* Map /cgi-bin/* /QSYS.LIB/MYLIB.LIB/* Exec /CGI-BIN/* /QSYS.LIB/MYLIB.LIB/* Exec /cgi-bin/* /QSYS.LIB/MYLIB.LIB/* Thanks-

Comment

Working...
          X