E-Mail Server - cc:mail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-Mail Server - cc:mail

On Wednesday, August 26, 1998, 10:26 AM, Barb McCarty wrote: I have my AS/400 as an e-mail server for all 400 users, PC's and CRT's. Now I am installing a cc:mail server for all PC users, how do I get the cc:mail server to see the AS/400? I am running tcp/ip and do not have a file server. We are running on a peer network right now. I am not clear as to what you want to do with the AS/400 and the CC:mail server. We use Microsoft Exchange server on NT as our primary mail server. Our users pickup all their mail from the NT server. I am not familar with CC:MAIL but I assume it works with regular Internet type mail services. If you are using CC:Mail to get mail messages on the AS/400, I assume you have POP3 setup on the AS/400 and SNAD user definitions. We run batch jobs on the AS/400 that generate email messages. These messages are forwarded to the exchange server. This feature is part of SNADs. What OS version do you have? If you have V3R7, you need to apply some PTFs to get SNADs to forward mail on TCP/IP networks. If you have version 4+ it should all be there. You use the SNDDST command to send the mail. In version 3, you have to define a SNADS user and define a IP forwarding address in the users profile. In version 4, the SNDDST command has the ability to send to a Internet mail address. JHicks@SUZ.com

E-Mail Server - cc:mail

Michael, Back in June I wrote a product review for KeyesMail. KeyesMail is AS/400 software that enabled you to use the AS/400 for using E-mail with the internet. The software goes for about $3,000. You also need a modem and any ISP connection, then you are ready to go. I not trying to push the product, I'm just mentioning it. If you are interested in this product, you can try it before you buy it. Of course, I just want you to have something that meets your needs. Good luck with your technology search.

Comment

Working...
    X