Wall Data's Cyberprose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wall Data's Cyberprose

On Friday, our company had a consultant give a show and tell using Wall Data's Cyberprise. It looked very impressive. Has anyone out there had first-hand experience with this product? Does it actually deliver all that the consultant said it would? (They promised all but the World.) We are "looking" at other means to do intranet and internet applications. This looked like a viable option. We are looking for thoughts from "real" people and not salesmen. (I know this sounds harsh, but sometimes salesmen only tell us what they want us to hear.)

Wall Data's Cyberprose

On Friday, September 11, 1998, 12:59 PM, John L. Clark wrote: I have an AS/400 attached to the internet; we are using the IPCS based firewall. I am interested in setting up VPN coming through the firewall and being managed by an NT server that is on the secure side of the firewall. After mega crusing of the microsoft tech sites, I have more than a sneaking feeling that it is TECHNICALLY possible... but I need to run down more details on HOW to do it. Has anyone out there actually tried this? Does anyone have any direction they might point me for more info? Thanks in advance! JC What you are asking about is called IP Tunneling. We use CISCO routers and firewalls. I am not familar with the IPCS firewall or firewall software on NT. However, IP tunneling is a standard and if your firewalls support it, you can save a lot on the cost of leased lines. You are familar with general firewall setup, you tell the firewall what computers on the inside can be accessed by equating a public IP address to a private IP address inside your network. You also specifiy what IP port number can be access. From the general Internet, we do not allow APPC, telnet or FTP. We only allow email and web access. Firewalls that support IP Tunneling establish connections with each other over the Internet. They encrypt the packets and sequence check them. You create what is called an IP Tunnel between the firewalls. You can then specify what computers and port numbers can be accessed from each tunnel. We allow APPC, Telnet and FTP from some of the IP tunnels. JHicks@SUZ.com

Comment

Working...
    X