Slow modem speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow modem speed

This has nothing to do with the AS/400 but I am hoping one of you brilliant people ;-) can help me. I finnaly got a faster computer here at work, and my AOL connection. I was in heaven, until I actually signed on. I can only connect at 9600!! I am connected to a Shiva modem pool running US Robotics at 56K. I queried AOL and got the standard line, try another number, make sure you got the right modem type, etc. Still no luck. Any ideas, it's really a drag going through this forum at 9600. .... just trying to make it to the finish line ....

Slow modem speed

On Tuesday, December 15, 1998, 05:22 AM, Jo Ann Burelle wrote: I finnaly got a faster computer here at work, and my AOL connection. I was in heaven, until I actually signed on. I can only connect at 9600!! I am connected to a Shiva modem pool running US Robotics at 56K. I queried AOL and got the standard line, try another number, make sure you got the right modem type, etc. Still no luck. Any ideas, it's really a drag going through this forum at 9600.
    Sometimes it's the phone line, or time of day (AOL tends to get busy, and bandwidth is at a premium). Either way there's not much that can be done with a better modem. Sorry. David Abramowitz

Comment

Slow modem speed

On Tuesday, December 15, 1998, 06:21 PM, David Abramowitz wrote: Sometimes it's the phone line, or time of day (AOL tends to get busy, and bandwidth is at a premium). Either way there's not much that can be done with a better modem. Sorry. Say it ain't so, David. The PC tech guy says it's because I got AOL 4.0. I guess I'll try fooling around with the settings, I can't make it any worse. .... just trying to make it to the finish line ....

Comment

Slow modem speed

Jo Ann, Try checking your settings under Dial Up Networking. If you go into the connection properties, there is a value for maximum connection speed. Mark McCall
        On Tuesday, December 15, 1998, 05:22 AM, Jo Ann Burelle wrote: This has nothing to do with the AS/400 but I am hoping one of you brilliant people ;-) can help me. I finnaly got a faster computer here at work, and my AOL connection. I was in heaven, until I actually signed on. I can only connect at 9600!! I am connected to a Shiva modem pool running US Robotics at 56K. I queried AOL and got the standard line, try another number, make sure you got the right modem type, etc. Still no luck. Any ideas, it's really a drag going through this forum at 9600. .... just trying to make it to the finish line ....

Comment

Slow modem speed

On Wednesday, December 16, 1998, 09:55 AM, Mark McCall wrote: Jo Ann, Try checking your settings under Dial Up Networking. If you go into the connection properties, there is a value for maximum connection speed.
          Thanks for the tip, Mark. I checked and it's set at 57600. .... just trying to make it to the finish line ....

Comment

Working...
          X