HTTP Server ignores JOBD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HTTP Server ignores JOBD

I am running IBM's HTTP server for the AS/400. The documentation says that I can specify the user profile that the server programs will adopt when serving up CGI applications. This is done by using the BASIC section of the HTTP configuration and specifying a USERID. When I call a CGI script, it does indeed switch to my designated User Profile. BUT IT IGNORES THE JOB DESCRIPTION FOR THAT PROFILE. My profile points to a custom job description. I want to use it to control Library list settings for the CGI programms. The net result should be that when running multiple Web Server instances, each one gets a custom library list for CGI calls. Has anyone had a similarproblem? Or, does anyone have another suggestion on how to specify special library lists for different Web Server instances? Thanks, John Richardson

HTTP Server ignores JOBD

On Friday, January 22, 1999, 06:04 AM, John Richardson wrote: I am running IBM's HTTP server for the AS/400. The documentation says that I can specify the user profile that the server programs will adopt when serving up CGI applications. This is done by using the BASIC section of the HTTP configuration and specifying a USERID. When I call a CGI script, it does indeed switch to my designated User Profile. BUT IT IGNORES THE JOB DESCRIPTION FOR THAT PROFILE. My profile points to a custom job description. I want to use it to control Library list settings for the CGI programms. The net result should be that when running multiple Web Server instances, each one gets a custom library list for CGI calls. Has anyone had a similar problem? Or, does anyone have another suggestion on how to specify special library lists for different Web Server instances? Thanks, John Richardson I have found this a problem as well. I combed the Web Guides and couldn't find any reference to changing the library list of the QTMHHTTP user profile. The only mention I found was something like this: "If you change the library list of QTMHHTTP, you must change it back before termination of the program." I wasn't changing it back at first, and did not experiece any problems. Then again, I was only adding a data library to the library list. So, apparently you need to use the old faithful ADD/RMVLIBLE commands to do what you what. If anyone has found different, I also would love to hear. In February (or March) I have a service program article being published in MC that does library list manipulation. When I wrote it, I did not have this in mind. But, now that I have also encountered this "shortcoming", I am using these service programs all the time to add, change, remove, etc. library lists from an RPG program. I also do not like that fact that I must have all the program object in my CGI library. Anyone have any other comments on this subject? SRC="http://prairie.lakes.com/~bvstone/images/sig.gif">

Comment

Working...
    X