SMTP mail server hogging system resource

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMTP mail server hogging system resource

Now that I have connected my AS/400 to a router and the Internet, my SMTP mail server has started hogging a good portion of my system resources. Is there a way to control how often it "wakes up"? Anthony AndersonIT ManagerBondioli & Pavesi, Inc.

Presumely SMTP and POP3 are setup correctly, check the user's directory entry: I am using this and I do not have to use system name. Mail service level . . 2 For choice 9=Other mail ser Field name . . . . Preferred address . . .3 SMTP name hth

Comment

On Thursday, March 18, 1999, 10:03 AM, Anthony Anderson wrote: I am using the AS/400 SMTP/POP3 mail server to connect to the Internet through a router. I can only receive e-mail from the internet if I have a system name in the SMTP alias table in front of the domain name. Is there any way to receive e-mail without the system name as part of the E-mail address? Anthony Anderson IT Manager Bondioli & Pavesi, Inc. The location of a domain's mail server is determined by DNS. If you want to receive mail at bypyusa.com instead of smtp.bypyusa.com then you have to tell your DNS what mail server to use for a domain. You do this by adding a MX record to the bypyusa domain in your DNS. JHicks@SUZ.com

Comment

Working...
      X