AS/400 Firewall Proxy Server Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AS/400 Firewall Proxy Server Performance

I have the same experience with V4R3, and I don't recall this kind of problem with V4R2. Anyhow, I switch to use SOCKS instead. It seems to be much better and faster than V4R2. However, as you may already know, the site name that access by the internal users will not be on firewall log if SOCKS is used.

Thanks Bradley. I got it

Comment

I've done this a couple of times. Our situation was we were sending spool files from the as/400 to an NT server which would send it to 95/98 machines. Yea, I know it's hookey but.... On NT 3.51, I specified the port it was going out to on the remote print queue (RMTPRTQ). For example, the one closest to me was '\sta100hp'. Then when NT 4.0 came around, we had to change the remote quete to the name of the print as it was called on NT. So, the printer that was originally set to go to '\sta100hp' we renamed to 'DPLASER3D' and that is the remote queue we put on the out queue. I used Chameleon's LPD server also. For that, I had to specify 'LPT1:' as the remote queue on the as/400 for it to work. Not sure if any of that helps, but everything else looked good. One good thing about NT was it would tell you in the event log that 1) it got an incoming LPR connection and 2) why it rejected it. As a matter of fact, the chameleon had some sort of log, but don't remember how detail. But, regardless, the PC side is probably the one rejecting the spool file. Hope this helps Terry

Comment

The hook for persistent CGI is in the Accept-HTSession CGI header declaration in the HTTP file. The Accept-HTSession header is followed by the session handle that should uniquely qualify a session. Your application is responsible for generating that unique handle. In AS/400 NetJava Expert April/May 1999 issue, Randy Dufault has an article called Persistent CGI and RPG  . In that article Randy generates the session handle using an AS/400 dataarea that gets updated by one every time a new session is started. That unigue number is then placed in the Accept-HTSession header. Yes, the C program in the programmers guide says: printf(Accept-HTSession: webpg101101
        ); where the handle is hard-coded but youll want to generate a unigue number. To get the code for Randys article click "HTTP://www.midrangecomputing.com/anje">"Persistent CGI and RPG" article source then select the April/May issue and then click on downloadable code.

Comment

Working...
        X