IBM 4224 PRINTERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IBM 4224 PRINTERS

I have 4224 twinex printers to print purchase order bar codes etc. I would like to replace them with ethernet printers. Does anybody know any name and model number to recommend. All help is appriciated.

IBM 4224 PRINTERS

I looks like you have two issues. You need to change the preferred address parameter on each users directory entry to SMTP. Then use F19 to create an SMTP e-mail address for each user. If you don't want your system name as a sub-domain, you don't have to put it in the address even though the online help instructs you to do so. You will have to add an additional Host table entry for your AS/400 with just your domain name if you decide not to put your system name in the domain name portion of your user entries. Anthony Anderson IT Manager Bondioli & Pavesi, Inc.

Comment

IBM 4224 PRINTERS

On Wednesday, May 26, 1999, 07:39 AM, Barbaros wrote: Currently I can access to AS/400 (V3R2) sign on screen from internet with WORK STATION GATEWAY.It is black and white and some of the characters don't even appear on the screen. It seems like if I can change the background color it will solve the problem. Could you please help me if you know anyway of changing the background color on the AS/400 without writing any front end application
      Since the HTML translation uses HTML tables to display the screen, you can imbed the HTML BODY keyword, with the BGCOLOR= option. You can use hex codes to get any color you desire. You can even select a background image, which will be tiled behind your 5250 display. I recommend against this due to the time necessary to display background images. BTW, the redbook "Cool Title about the AS/400 and the Internet" says that you can not use the BODY keyword. It lies. David Abramowitz

Comment

IBM 4224 PRINTERS

On Wednesday, May 26, 1999, 07:39 AM, Barbaros wrote: Currently I can access to AS/400 (V3R2) sign on screen from internet with WORK STATION GATEWAY.It is black and white and some of the characters don't even appear on the screen. It seems like if I can change the background color it will solve the problem. Could you please help me if you know anyway of changing the background color on the AS/400 without writing any front end application
        Since the HTML translation uses HTML tables to display the screen, you can imbed the HTML BODY keyword, with the BGCOLOR= option. You can use hex codes to get any color you desire. Embedding HTML within DDS is a pretty nifty feature. You can even select a background image, which will be tiled behind your 5250 display. I recommend against this due to the time necessary to display background images. BTW, the redbook "Cool Title about the AS/400 and the Internet" says that you can not use the BODY keyword. It lies. David Abramowitz

Comment

Working...
        X