Internet connection via Cisco Router

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet connection via Cisco Router

We have a T1 (frame relay to ISP) to a Cisco 2601 to a network hub with a 170 (V4R3)and 2 PC's (Windows 95). The router has a proxy server function. No firewalls. We need to access and be accessed via the Internet. No web page for now, just remote access using Client Access. I'm testing this out and can not make a connection. I'm using the IP address assigned by the ISP when trying the connection from Client Access, but I feel there's something missing on the AS/400 to let it know there is a router there. All TCP/IP servers are started. I can still ping the AS/400 internally using our internal IP address. Does anyone have a suggestion, please? Steve

Thanks...This particular customer is at 3.2 and not real current with upgrades and PTFs. I could not really find anything in the manuals that was real applicable.... The problem has been worked on I'm sure but just cannot recall where I saw it...

Bob Hamilton TEXAS BUSINESS SYSTEMS 736 Pinehurst Richardson, Texas 75080

Comment

On Saturday, June 05, 1999, 04:24 PM, Bob Hamilton wrote: Thanks... This particular customer is at 3.2 and not real current with upgrades and PTFs. I could not really find anything in the manuals that was real applicable.... The problem has been worked on I'm sure but just cannot recall where I saw it... Bob, See Info APAR II10918 it will tell you what PTFs are needed on the AS400, and what CA Service Pack you need to use device names with TCPIP sessions. HTH Phillip E. Rodgers

SRC="http://www.mca.com/music/images/anims/homeanim3.gif" WIDTH=233 HEIGHT=141>

Comment

Hi Russel, Try to see joblog of QTCP jobs in QSYSWRK subsystem. I mean QTPOPxxx, QTSMTPXXX e.t.c. Also, check joblog of QMSF jobs. Vadim On Thursday, June 03, 1999, 11:43 AM, Russel Bramwell wrote: ... I can find no rhyme or reason to the times that it works or does not work. ... If a mail message is successfully handed off to SMTP via this API, what does the AS400 do with it? Is there some way to track its flow through SMTP, SNADS and MSF? If the AS400 thinks the messages are undeliverable for some reason, what does it do with them and how can I see it? Thanks, Russel

Comment

On Thursday, June 03, 1999, 11:43 AM, Russel Bramwell wrote: I have a command written to send email over the internet from the AS400 using mime formatted files created in the IFS and sent out using the QttmSendMail API. I have spotty performance. Sometimes the messages just never get out. I monitor the error message parameter coming back from the API, so I feel confident that there are no errors being generated at that point. I can find no rhyme or reason to the times that it works or does not work. If a mail message is successfully handed off to SMTP via this API, what does the AS400 do with it? Is there some way to track its flow through SMTP, SNADS and MSF? If the AS400 thinks the messages are undeliverable for some reason, what does it do with them and how can I see it? Thanks, Russel Russel, The return from the API is just the beginning. MSF provides exit points that you can use to track a message. There is also a dump program that you can call. This probably won't identify the problem, but at least you will know whether it made it through MSF. The following will cause a dump to be generated showing all of the input data at the audit point for every message generated. Messages rotate between the various MSF server jobs. You need to stop and stop the MSF server to get this to work. ADDEXITPGM EXITPNT(QIBM_QZMFMSF_ACT) FORMAT(MSFF0100) PGMNBR(1) PGM(QSYS/QZMFDUMP)PGMDTA(*JOB 12 SPCL01009999) I could also send you a program which can be used at the trace exit. I have used it to print all of the formats at exit and return. The amount of data printed can be overwhelming. One other thing that may be helpful is to create a single character data area in qusrsys. The name should be qtmsnosplt. This will prevent large messages from being broken up into pieces which can cause problems with many mail clients. David Morris

Comment

Working...
          X