Job Names for IP jobs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job Names for IP jobs

I am having some problems develop because the IP jobnames all start with "QPADEV...." and some of the old "software" I deal with use the first three letters of a jobname to build logical values for an outq name , for example. Seems like I saw this on one of the fora or read something about it.... If it weren't for short term memory, I'd have no memory at all....TIA.........

Bob Hamilton TEXAS BUSINESS SYSTEMS 736 Pinehurst Richardson, Texas 75080

Job Names for IP jobs

Bob..we just had this problem also as we put users in specific sbs by the device name...we are using Mochasoft and it has a parameter to make the virtual device name static. But in researching this I searched the softcopy books in V4R3 for virtual device names and came up with TCPIP allows an exit program that will allow you to do this...Sorry I cannot tell you anymore on thsi as we did not use this solution. Hope it gets you on the way though. Maybe someone else has used exit programs for this purpose. It compiled so it must work. Karl LauritzenSecond VP Project Developmentklauritzen@mail2.texnet.n...atlloyd s.com

Comment

Working...
    X