E-Mail attachments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-Mail attachments

We would like to send database files in the form of e-mail attachments to our sales reps, from the AS/400. Currently, we are sending them from the AS/400 to an intranet website, where they can get the file. I haven't been able to find any info on this. Does anyone have any experience with this?

E-Mail attachments

Have you tried creating your E-Mail, then going into Network Neighborhood to get to your AS/400, and attaching the file member as an E-Mail attachment? e.g. SxxxxxxxxQSYS.LIBlibname.libfilename.filembrname Dave

Comment

E-Mail attachments

Hey there this won't work.

Comment

E-Mail attachments

How do we e-mail a note to a submitter...???? I'm lost?????

Comment

E-Mail attachments

Jeff, You are right. I never actually tried it before today. When I did try it, I received untranslated gobbledygook. Evidently, you can attach the file if your drives are mapped, but there is no EBCDIC to ASCII translation performed. Dave

Comment

E-Mail attachments

We routinely use CPYFRMPCD and CPYTOPCD commands to move files with character data (no packed) to and from AS400 files and Folders. We can then attach the PC file to an email using a mapped network drive. The process can be automated with CLP's up to the actual attachment part. (If the attachment part can be automated using Lotus Notes, I would like to know that trick)

Comment

E-Mail attachments

I have written some utilities to email database files as .csv (comma-separated-value) files that can be opened directly into Excel. It involves using some API's and the SMTP support. From an end user standpoint it is all driven off of a single command though.

Comment

Working...
              X