netscape messenger email

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• netscape messenger email

We have IBM's V4R4 firewall running on a as400 model 170. Currently the people in the corporate office have browsing and email capabilities using netscape. We are fixing to upgrade our remotes to frame relay and get them off of twinax and onto TCP/IP. My question is: How can I give the remote users email only using netscape without giving them browser capabilities? The boss does not want them to be able to surf. Any help would be greatly appreciated.. thank you.

netscape messenger email

Kenneth, One way would be to configure the browser(s) incorrectly. As an example: I am using a product called WebWasher that helps to remove the pop-up ads and other annoyances on some web pages. To get it to work, I have to give Netscape some configuration information in the manual proxy server setup. It works great, but if I don't start WebWasher first, the browser won't work. The point I am getting at would be to put some bogus information in the browser configuration parameters such as a bogus proxy server address which would disable the browser except for anyone smart enough to figure out what is going on. Bill

Comment

netscape messenger email

Hi, if the clients have a static ip-address you can add some filter rules to the firewall which forbid the use of www/ftp-access to the internet for this ip-adresses. best regards Thorsten

Comment

Working...
      X