Problems with SNDDST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with SNDDST

It seems that everybody is sending email from the as/400 but me. If I want SNDDST TYPE(*LMSG) TOINTNET(mbs@buussys.dk) DSTD(Test) LONGMSG('TEST') to work what do I do? I have, beside other things done the following ADDTCPHTE INTNETADR(mail server add) HOSTNAME(GATEWAY) CHGSMTPA MAILROUTER(GATEWAY) FIREWALL(*YES) STRTCPSVR *SMTP STRMSF I have signed on as a user who have the same name/password on the AS/400 and the mail server. In the SMTP table this user is added I'm using v4r3 With STRSST I have monitored the IP traffic and the mail server IS contacted with some smtp traffic!! Now I have spend 20 hours on 2 different AS/400 - mailservers and it just won't work. Yours

Problems with SNDDST

Have you done the followig also ??? ADDDIRE USRID(INTERNET GATEWAY) + USRD(?Internet SMTP gateway?) SYSNAME(INTERNET) + PREFADR(NETUSRID *IBM ATCONTXT) CHGDSTA SMTPRTE(INTERNET GATEWAY) Jim Lawyer Infrastructure Analyst / AS400 Administrator The Andrew Jergens Co.

Comment

Problems with SNDDST

Yes that I also have done. If I do a DSPDSTLOG I can se that the Office Vision have send a message (destination is INTERNET GATEWAY) but not to a DSTQ (Using WRKDSTQ - QSMTPQ). Am I right that this doesn't use QSNADS? Do I have to perform an IPL to get things working? Do I have to have certain authorities to perform STRMSF or STRTCPSVR *SMTP or do I have to be a certain user? Is it just because I use the wrong Mailserver address (this is given to me by other people)? Michael

Comment

Problems with SNDDST

I have solved the problem myself. The user QMSF was not authorised to the translationtable used in CHGSMTPA (all standard - all as delivered by IBM !!!!!). After changing it to *CCSID it worked.

Comment

Working...
        X