SMTP Routing issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMTP Routing issue

First of all, let me say I am new to this aspect of my job, so if I'm not clear on something, just let me know. I also hope this message is not in a completely wrong forum, being there are several applications in question. Our company installed Lotus Domino 5.02 on our IBM As/400. Basically we only need the Lotus Notes module of this application right now. We use a fractional T1 line for our internet connection, and Microsoft Proxy Server 2.0 as our firewall. We have a good connection to the internet, and are able to access the web through our browsers and retrieve email from our pop3 account.(Which will be removed once Domino is working) Our problem is getting the Proxy server to allow incoming mail to be sent to the Domino server on our as/400. When I attempt to email a Domino address, I get a response saying that IP number xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx can't relay user@domain.com (where IP number is the WAN side of the proxy server, and user@domain.com is the email address that is under Lotus Notes) I am able to send email out to the internet just fine using this same address going through Lotus Notes. Our Domino server is configured to use a relay host which points to the LAN side of the proxy server. Currently we have several consultants working on this problem, but a solution hasn't been found yet. I think the problem lies in with the proxy server, but I'm not sure exactly how to allow the data through. The smtp site on the proxy server has port 25 listed for incoming and outgoing. Does anyone have any ideas what I can do?

SMTP Routing issue

Hello Tom, I don't have a direct answer to your question on proxy, but here's an alternative proxy product to try. We have used MS Proxy and dislike the product for use as a Firewall/Proxy Server. You might want to take a look at WinRoute. The product is inexpensive and a no brainer to configure. It even has a built-in SMTP server as well as DHCP so you don't have to reconfigure any of your PC's to use it. The web site is: http://www.winroute.com Regards, Richard Schoen RJS Software Systems Inc. "The AS/400 Report Distribution Experts" Email: richard@rjssoft.com Web Site: http://www.rjssoft.com

Comment

Working...
    X