access email at corp website from remote loc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• access email at corp website from remote loc

Question: Is there some way that we can access our email from a remote location via the internet from our corp web site? like a webmail program or something, similar to aol's webmail where a user signs in and is able to check his or her email. thanks, kenneth.

It's going to depend upon the e-mail server. What are you running? For example: We are using Whistle Communications' Interjet as our e-mail server and to pick up mail remotely, we have to configure Outlook Express to log into the server using Secure Password Authentication. Works like a dream. Bill

Comment

Yes there is, but there are a myriad of options depending on your email system used at the corporate site. Many email systems such as MS Exchange, Novell Groupwise and Domino all have built-in web access today. There are also other alternatives available such as MDAEMON, Eudora, etc. Tell us more about what you already have and we can probably offer better insight. Regards, Richard Schoen RJS Software Systems "The AS/400 Report Distribution Experts" Email: richard@rjssoft.com Web Site: http://www.rjssoft.com

Comment

Try www.konx.com HTH, bobh

Comment

Sorry I didn't give more insight about what we are running. We are running OS400 V4R4M0 on a 170 using the as400's pop3 and smtp mail servers internally. We have a corp website served by the 170 and wish to access the email on the 170. hope this is enough information.

Comment

Sorry I didn't give more insight about what we are running. We are running OS400 V4R4M0 on a 170 using the as400's pop3 and smtp mail servers internally. We have a corp website served by the 170 and wish to access the email on the 170. hope this is enough information.

Comment

Here's an idea. Have your web-based users set up a Hotmail account and then you can set up the Hotmail account to retrieve email from the POP3 mailbox on the AS/400 and store it at Hotmail. This assumes the AS/400 is connected to the Internet of course :-) Then Hotmail can be the primary web-based email client for everybody. There are other services as well, but Hotmail has been one of the most stable I've used. I think there's also VISTO.COM and INTRANETS.COM, but I've not used a lot of the FREE services. Regards, Richard Schoen RJS Software Systems Inc. "The AS/400 Report Distribution Experts" Email: richard@rjssoft.com Web Site: http://www.rjssoft.com

Comment

Thanks a lot Richard, that is exactly what I needed. It works great!!

Comment

Working...
                X