WebSphere, my cold-hearted friend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WebSphere, my cold-hearted friend.

When I run V3.0 of WebSphere, I am getting "You are not authorized to view this page" whenever I run a servlet, and instead of getting the JSPs being compiled and run, they are instead being sent to me as a download. Anybody run into this? I thought I'd read something here, but couldn't find it. Joe

Joe: I did get the same error when I tried to launch my HTML file from the IFS. I tried to call the IBM support line, but you have to pay an extra fee to get support for websphere. I did find a link that was a little helpful: http://www.as400.ibm.com/tstudio/ebi...nal/index1.htm Good luck.

Comment

Config is most likely set up wrong. Either that or your QTMHHTP* profiles may be *DISABLED. For servlets, you need a Service config entry. If you use the AS/400 HTTP Tasks page, and you enable servelets, it adds all the configs for you. Slowly, but surely. Isn't websphere supposed to be easy? Or are you referring to the default HTTP server? Brad

Comment

Joe, When I have had the file downloaded rather than run it was because the config file is not set up properly. I would look at exec and service directives. I am not running version 3 but the service directive did change between version 1 and 2 (using the old service directive prevented the http server from starting). David Morris

Comment

Oh man, thank you Brad! I've been having strange problems for a week now ... my *ADMIN instance was dying! I read your post, checked my user profiles (they were disabled!!), enabled them and ... Bob's your uncle! ... I'm up and running. I owe you many beers!

Comment

Working...
          X