Email from 400 splitting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email from 400 splitting

Hello, I seem to have a problem when sending file attachments using the SNDDST command I have routed the mail to both our mailsweeper and exchange server direct. However, the email attachment arrives broken down into chunks of 127K. Any ideas why Many thanks Lee

Email from 400 splitting

If you are running pop, then do a chgpopa and press F4. Check out your current value for parameter MSGSPLIT. It defaults to 128K. You can raise it to 2048K. Once you change the parm, stop and restart the pop server. Alex Garrison

Comment

Email from 400 splitting

Alex, Thank you, changed that and it works fine

Comment

Email from 400 splitting

Alex, Depending on release, you can actually specify *NOMAX. On releases that do not support *NOMAX you can create a single character data area in qusrsys named qtmsnosplt. On V3R2 and V3R7 you also have to obtain some PTFs. David Morris

Comment

Email from 400 splitting

David, Neat. Thanks for the info. V4R3 wont let me use *NOMAX. I didnt know about the data areas, though. Alex Garrison

Comment

Email from 400 splitting

What we are doing here, is: 1) Copy to a PF of 132 column. 2) Copy spool file to the PF 3) Send the PF to a folder (CPYTOPCD) 4) send the folder with SNDDST Gilbert

Comment

Email from 400 splitting

ezza, create a PF of 132 bytes and use CPYSPLF to copy the printfile to the PF. Then download the PF to your PC and send if off. This should work. Hope this helps, Bret

Comment

Email from 400 splitting

I found this in as400tips.com. It is basically the same concept that you are wondering about. Hope it helps. Q: I'm dialed into a client's AS/400 and there is a spoolfile I want to convert to a text file to transfer to my PC. A: Transfering a spoolfile to a text file for transfer to print on a PC or include in a document is easy. Here's the code to accomplish it: CRTPF File = xferfile library = yourlib source file = QDDSSRC Record Length = 250 description = file for spool file conversion WRKSPLF find the name of the job you just printed CPYSPLF spooled file = name of hte file printed to data base file = xferfile library = yourlib to member = *FIRST replace or add = *REPLACE control character = *PRTCTL CPYTOPCD from file = xferfile library = yourlib to folder = yourfldr to document = xferfile.txt replace document = *YES The filename, library, and folder entries will be different depending on what you choose to call them, but this is basically how it works.

Comment

Working...
                X