Monitors - Starting and stopping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitors - Starting and stopping

The only way I know of requires you to be at V5R2, and have the monitor set to autostart when the Management Central server starts. To stop the monitor, ENDTCPSVR *MGTC. To start it, STRTCPSVR *MGTC.

Will this stop all monitors? I only want to stop a particular monitor. Can't be done??

Comment

Yes, that would stop all monitors. I do not think there are any APIs or commands documented for this. You may have to reverse-engineer how monitors are told to stop and start, by tracing the TCP communication between Management Central and the iSeries when you stop and start them. V5R2 iSeries Navigator for Wireless (http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iserie...m5overview.htm) apparently can stop & start Job, File, and B2B monitors, but not System or Message monitors. Again, you may be able to reverse-engineer it by tracing the communications.

Comment

How do I stop and start a monitor under program control using either a command or api call. We have an operator message queue monitor that runs on the weekends that needs to be temporarily "shut off" and than reinstated at a later time without using Management Central. Any ideas? Tom.

Comment

CALL PGM(QYPSENDS) /* End Management Central Server */ MONMSG MSGID(CPFB923) CALL PGM(QYPSSTRS) /* Start Management Central Server */ MONMSG MSGID(CPFB921)

Comment

Working...
          X