Token-ring Beaconing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Token-ring Beaconing

My shop has a 400 with about 45 pc's on a token ring. I am getting an error msg that says Token ring line is beaconing. When this happens a few pc's typically drop off. The error msg does not really tell me what is going on & i do not know where to go from here. Any info would be gretly appreciated. Steve

Token-ring Beaconing

I don't know if it is related... but the CRTLINTRN has a MAXCTL parameter on it which defaults to 40; changing the parameter to 256 if there may be more active than current maximum may resolve. Check using WRKLIND *TRLAN, then 5=Display. Regards, Chuck Comments provided "as is" with no warranties of any kind whatsoever.

Comment

Token-ring Beaconing

On Monday, March 01, 1999, 07:46 AM, Roy McCray wrote: I heard a rumor, but can't remember where, that it was possible to fix TCP/IP access by a particular IP address so that the access is assigned a specific device on the AS/400 every time, instead of getting a random QPADEV virtual device each time. Does anyone know whether this is true? It's a real pain not to know where the user is coming from physically.
      This is true for CA/400 V3M1R3 and above. During the configuration of the session there is a field used to name the device, when the session is started in the future it grabs the same named device. I have not heard if any other of the Emulation packages have written the use for this yet into any of their products. Just trying to keep up....

Comment

Token-ring Beaconing

I am having the same problem. Would like to know what you did about it(probably moved to Enet). Email me at EMCALD@AOL.COM. Thanks Michael Calderon

Comment

Token-ring Beaconing

When I saw the token ring beaconing it was because someone (not me of course) decided to plug in a 4mb T/R card into my 16mb ring. The network kept running my I received beaconing messages on the AS/400 until the 4mb card was detached.

Comment

Working...
          X