AS/400 RMTWTR to mainframe printer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AS/400 RMTWTR to mainframe printer

We set up an outq to send all spooled files to a mainframe printer via TCP/IP. Once the remote writer is started, all spooled files in the outq on the AS/400 are sent to an outq on the mainframe. We specified the remote printer queue name(queue on the mainframe), the remote system is *INTNETADR, the connection type is *IP, the internet address is specified (the mainframe TCP/IP address), the destination type is *OTHER, and the manufacturer type and model is *IBM42011. The error we recieve from the mainframe is that the host name is required. When I look at the TCP/IP status, the remote port for LPD shows a connection to the mainframe TCP/IP address, and the status is 'closing'. The spooled file in the outq shows a SND status, but the spooled file never leaves the outq on the AS/400. I can not find any parameters in the outq description on the AS/400 to enter a host name. The AS/400 is at V4R4M0; CUM 9229. The mainframe is OS390 V2.6 Any suggestions? Thank you, Annette

Host name should be sent by default in the control file. In CFGTCP option 12 is the AS/400 configured with a host and domain name?

Comment

We do not currently have a domain name defined. I thought that the host table was the default if the domain name was not defined. Is that not correct?

Comment

Do you have a host table entry with a name for the AS/400's IP address? I would try adding a host/domain name and see if that solves the problem

Comment

We have the system name defined with the TCP/IP address in the host table. I added the system name to the TCP/IP Domain information (option 12) and that did correct the problem. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
          X