How to set up WS Passthru and SNADS over IP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to set up WS Passthru and SNADS over IP

We just set up a frame relay WAN configured for IP. One 400 on each side (LA and New York). I cannot not seem to configure an APPC controller to allow WS Passthru and SNADS. I tried CRTCTLAPPC CTLD(HAINTCP) LINKTYPE(*ANYNW) RMTNETID(APPN) RMTCPNAME(HAIN)but cannot get the connection. I did this on both sides RMTCPNAME(HVFOODS). My dial up controllers work fine (but slow). Any suggestions will be appreciated. Michael Calderon Health Valley Company EMCALD@AOL.COM

Here are the steps that we followed here: 1- CHGNETA ALWANYNET(*YES) DDMACC(*OBJAUT) 2- ADDTCPHTE INTNETADR('1.2.3.4') HOSTNAME(('MYSYS.APPN.SNA.IBM.COM')) where 1.2.3.4 = address of remote site 3- CRTCTLAPPC CTLD(rmtctlname) LINKTYPE(*ANYNW) RMTCPNAME(rmtsite) 4- CHGCFGL TYPE(*APPNRMT) CFGL(QAPPNRMT)

Comment

I think the obvious question is - Why wouldn't you use Telnet and FTP over IP rather than Passthru and SNADS? I don't ask this to be confrontational, I'm just curious about the rationale behind the decision. Thanks, Steve

Comment

I think I can give you some reasons: 1- Whith snads, you can send message, I dont know of anything similar in IP 2- Remote outq. If the printer on the remote system is not connected using IP, you need the remote outq available from snads 3- File transfer: To work correctly (especially with save file), the destination file must exist before the transfer. Otherwise, you get a physical file, not a save file at the other end 4- DDM support. I dont think DDM files are supported in IP

Comment

I need to use twinax attached printers on the other end and am using remote writers to handle this via snads.

Comment

Working...
          X