can't connect to AS400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can't connect to AS400

We have an AS400 connected via twin ax to an Andrew Interlynx 400R. The Andrew is connected to three modems. We recently converted from a CISC AS400 to a RISC model 170. Now the Andrew box is acting up. Often users connect to the modem but cannot connect to an AS400 screen. The AS400 will show a 'SIGNON DISPLAY' even though no one is connected to the modem. The engineer said that he thought that tht Andrew was not notifying the AS 400 that the user has dropped the connection. He said that the unit should be shipped in for repair. It costs too much and will take too long to repair. My question is should we get an NT R.A.S. server or access through the internet. Help, all the people working from home as made as hornets. Greg Wilcox

can't connect to AS400

I'm not that familiar with Andrew, however, I have had issues with other controllers that required newer microcode to work with RISC Version 4 machines. Hope that helps.

Comment

can't connect to AS400

Although I had no hand in setting it up, our company has switched over from NT RAS to Virtual Private Network and it's great!

Comment

can't connect to AS400

I believe Perle makes a R.A.S. product for dial in to a LAN. I don't know if it supports twin-ax though. I would think the question would be do you want users connecting to the AS/400 only, or is a LAN connection functional and secure for your shop? Our environment does not allow for a R.A.S connection to the LAN- we can only use products that connect directly to the designated AS/400. At one time, we were using a Perle 3i controller for remote access- but today that is a rather dated solution. HTH- Annette

Comment

Working...
        X