TCP RunRmtCmd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TCP RunRmtCmd

I have having some problems with the RunRmtCmd. I have 3 AS/400 two with V4R4 and one with V4R2. I try to run the remote cmd between the v4r4 and have no problems. But if I try to run the V4r4 to the v4r2 machine, I get an error message Here is the syntax and the error message RUNRMTCMD CMD(WRKACTJOB) RMTLOCNAME(TNAS400D *IP) RMTUSER(USER) RMTPWD (Password) A remote host refused an attempted connect operation. Command did not complete successfully. Can someone help please. thanks

TCP RunRmtCmd

This is a shot in the dark, but are you sure that the user id and password exist (spelled correctly and all) on the AS/400 that gives you the refused connection error?

Comment

TCP RunRmtCmd

Thanks for your response. I checked the userid and password again. They are correct. Anyother suggestions.

Comment

TCP RunRmtCmd

I know that you said the password and user id are spelled correctly, but did you check to see if the user id is enabled and the password is not expired?

Comment

TCP RunRmtCmd

I am signed on to the other system with the user Id I am using for the Runrmtcmd... I get a spool file that has Connection refused. Msg thanks

Comment

TCP RunRmtCmd

have you check the system value of the target machine System value . . . . . : QRMTSIGN Description . . . . . : Remote sign-on control Remote sign-on control . . . . . : *FRCSIGNON *FRCSIGNON *SAMEPRF *REJECT *VERIFY George

Comment

TCP RunRmtCmd

How many characters in user ID and password you're using? Another shot in the dark, but you might try running it with an 8-character user ID and password that is long enough to satisfy the remote host's system values, but not longer than 8 characters. Although that doesn't explain why you'd be fine between V4R4 but not back to V4R2. Are you using the same user ID and password on all machines? Be interested to hear your final solution, since I'm sure it'll help others of us in the future. Thanks.

Comment

TCP RunRmtCmd

The problem is most likely that you do not have the TCPIP Remote Command Service running on the target server. On the target, type: STRTCPSVR *REXEC This will start that service. Then try the RUNRMTCMD again. Hope this helps. Marc Ornstein MAG Technical Resources, Inc.

Comment

TCP RunRmtCmd

Confirm there is an entry in the configuration list for the remote system. WRKCFGL

Comment

Working...
                  X