2 ip addresses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 ip addresses

Is it possible to assign 2 seperate ip addresses to a single ethernet iop in the AS400 and have access from both networks at the same time?

2 ip addresses

Blockly, I'm not sure what you mean by "both networks". I don't believe this is possible. The AS/400 is identifed to a network with the Interface definition. It points to the Line description for the Network Interface Card (NIC) which must be unique. I think what you want to do is add multiple routes (*DFTROUTE) to point to access points to networks, usually a (CISCO,etc) router. HTH. Regards. Jack

Comment

2 ip addresses

Yes you can have two IP addresses. We have multiple IP addresses on a single interface so we can be on more than one TCP network. We exchange data realtime with UPS on the UPS IP network. UPS has a private IP network in which they tell us what IP address to use. So, we configured our AS/400 to use the IP address they assigned us and the one we use for our own network. This could have been accomplished by having a router NAT the address, but our administrator decided to use two addresses on the AS/400.

Comment

2 ip addresses

Thanks Jim. Learn something new everyday. I thought I had run into a problem in the past trying to do that. I probably did something else wrong.

Comment

2 ip addresses

Hello: I am new to the discussion group. I apologize if my responding to this older post is not the appropriate way to raise the subject that I would like to open. Jack Hicks responded to this 2 ip addresses saying that UPS had linked with their TCP network for realtime data transmission. I would like to get more info on setting this up. So if Jack Hicks is still posting to this site and sees this message... I appreciate your assistance greatly. Please advise.

Comment

2 ip addresses

UPS will supply you with a software, called Host Access, that you install on your AS/400. It has APIs that allow you to check on the status of a parcel, print a UPS label or send a manafest to UPS. You can get this from your UPS rep. To use it, you will have to get certified with the UPS IT staff. In our case, we have a Logistics package and that is the interface to the UPS Host Access. Jim Hicks

Comment

Working...
            X