FTP to AS/400 dropping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTP to AS/400 dropping

I am running Version 4.3 of OS/400. We had been able to FTP to our AS/400 no problem up until a few weeks ago.. nothing, as far as I know was changed on the 400. We have an ethernet card running TCP/IP. This is what I receive when I attempt to FTP. I never receive a userid prompt. C:WINDOWS>ftp 192.XXX.XX.XX Connected to 192.XXX.XX.XX. 421 Connection refused. Connection closed by remote host. Thanks. Stacy

FTP to AS/400 dropping

Try STRTCPSVR *FTP on the AS/400.

Comment

FTP to AS/400 dropping

For a little more detail, do a WRKTCPSTS *CNN. You should see the following line:
       Remote Remote Local Opt Address Port Port Idle Time State  * * ftp-con > 022:02:04 Listen
      There will be many other lines, but that line in particular tells you that the AS/400 is indeed listening (State=Listen) on the FTP port (Local Port=ftp-con). If it's not, then you have to execute the command STRTCPSVR *FTP. src="//www.zappie.net/java/_derived/index.htm_cmp_zero110_vbtn_p.gif" width="140" height="60" border="0" alt="Java400.net - Java/400 Freeware" align="middle"> Java400.Net - where the AS/400 speaks Java with an RPG accent Home of PBD2.0, the color=red>FREE Java/400 Client/Server color=blue>Revitalization Toolkit

Comment

FTP to AS/400 dropping

did both.. still getting the same thing... I check QSYSOPR messages.. this is showing up with option C selected.. Maybe I need a PTF?? Additional Message Information Message ID . . . . . . : RNQ1217 Severity . . . . . . . : 99 Message type . . . . . : Inquiry Date sent . . . . . . : 03/03/00 Time sent . . . . . . : 13:54:44 Message . . . . : Error message CPF4101 appeared during OPEN (C G D F). Cause . . . . . : RPG procedure FTPXSREQ in program QSYS2/FTPXSREQ received the message CPF4101 at statement 92 while performing an explicit OPEN operation on file FTPUSER1. Recovery . . . : Check the job log for a complete description of message CPF4101, and contact the person responsible for program maintenance. Possible choices for replying to message . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : D -- Obtain RPG formatted dump. S -- Obtain system dump. G -- Continue processing at label *GETIN. C -- Cancel. More... Reply . . . : C Press Enter to continue.

Comment

FTP to AS/400 dropping

Run WRKREGINF and see if someone placed an Exit program on your FTP sever exit point. should be one of these: QIBM_QTMF_CLIENT_REQ VLRQ0100 *YES FTP Client Request Validation QIBM_QTMF_SERVER_REQ VLRQ0100 *YES FTP Server Request Validation QIBM_QTMF_SVR_LOGON TCPL0100 *YES FTP Server Logon It sounds like it might be an exit program erroring out.

Comment

FTP to AS/400 dropping

Excellent idea!

Comment

FTP to AS/400 dropping

JINX!

Comment

FTP to AS/400 dropping

Looks like an exit program, Stacy. My guess is that somebody added an exit program that reads a file called FTPUSER1 to validate the user ID, and that file has been deleted or moved. To find the exit point, do the cmd WRKREGINF. Roll through that list, looking for the following exit points: QIBM_QTMF_CLIENT_REQ QIBM_QTMF_SERVER_REQ QIBM_QTMF_SVR_LOGON I bet it's QIBM_QTMF_SVR_LOGON. Work with the exit programs using option 8, and this will show you which programs are being called. It's probably just one program, and it's either FTPSXREG or a program that calls FTPSXREG. Find out who's responsible for your exit programs, and have a little chat with them. Let me know if this helps. src="//www.zappie.net/java/_derived/index.htm_cmp_zero110_vbtn_p.gif" width="140" height="60" border="0" alt="Java400.net - Java/400 Freeware" align="middle"> Java400.Net - where the AS/400 speaks Java with an RPG accent Home of PBD2.0, the color=red>FREE Java/400 Client/Server color=blue>Revitalization Toolkit

Comment

FTP to AS/400 dropping

Jinx?

Comment

FTP to AS/400 dropping

Greg and I responded with the same answer... hence, "jinx". Yes, I am a child at heart... >smirk<

Comment

FTP to AS/400 dropping

thanks... that did the trick...

Comment

FTP to AS/400 dropping

That's what I thought you meant! We used to say "Punch Poke, you owe me a coke." while punching each other on the shoulder. Don't ask me where that one came from.

Comment

FTP to AS/400 dropping

"Don't ask me where that one came from." I promise I won't... >grin<

Comment

Working...
                          X