Network Neighbor/ AS400/Windows NT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Network Neighbor/ AS400/Windows NT

My AS 400 doen't show up in the Network Neighborhood on any of the networked PCs. Client Acces Express is loaded on most of these PCs and Emulation is used. We have recently connected an NT workstation to the network and need the AS400 to show up in network neighborhood so we can map a drive to it. Please advise. Thanks

We are starting to convert to CA Express. It is different than the old CA. To make our system visible, our administrators had to use Ops Nav to tell the system that it was part of our NT domain. Also the entire IFS on the AS/400 is not visable like before. Our administators have to use OPS NAV to set share names on the IFS.

Comment

Thanks for the response. It will help me narrow the possibilities of solutions for this issue.

Comment

Also check into you NetServer. Make sure its up. You can only do that through OP's Nav in V4r3 (where I am currently at). Hope this helps.

Comment

David, From what I remember in the documentation, it can't always be made to show up. On my system it doesn't. What I did was use find from the start menu to locate the AS/400. When it came up, I created a shortcut to the AS/400. Now clicking on the shortcut takes me to my AS/400 share. The shortcut only shows a target location. David Morris

Comment

Working...
          X